What is the 2021APCS Special Edition?
The 2021 Asia Pacific Cities Summit and Mayors' Forum Special Edition (2021APCS Special Edition) will be held in Brisbane, home of the APCS, from 8 - 12 September 2021.
Conceived and managed by Brisbane City Council, the Asia Pacific Cities Summit and Mayors' Forum (APCS) is an internationally acclaimed, award-winning gathering of city and business leaders from across the Asia Pacific and beyond.
For 25 years, APCS has provided immense opportunities for connection, learning and relationship-building between civic and business sectors. The coronavirus pandemic in 2020 has forever changed cities and definition of normal, and local government has been at the forefront of many of these challenges. Now, more than ever, the 2021APCS Special Edition is an opportunity not to be missed.
In 2021, APCS will be presented as a Special Edition, utilising the latest-generation technology to provide immersive virtual participation options for those who cannot attend in person and physical participation options for those who can. The inspiring speakers, high-calibre networking opportunities and top-level insights will equip attendees to meet the challenges and opportunities for the new world.
- Event: The 2021 Asia Pacific Cities Summit and Mayors' Forum Special Edition (2021APCS Special Edition)
- Dates: 8 - 12 September 2021
- Location: Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, Brisbane
- Format: Hybrid event
- Brochure: Download
'Redefining Cities through Opportunities and Challenges' is the overarching theme of the 2021APCS Special Edition and program sub-themes are:
Visit the 2021APCS Special Edition Program page to view the program outline.
Download a brochure
Click to view or downlad
What is different from a traditional biennial APCS?
|Program||Biennial APCS||2021APCS Special Edition|
|Big Picture (plenary) and Deep Dive (concurrent) sessions||✓||✓|
|City Leaders' Forum||✖||✓|
|Tourism case studies||✖||✓|
|Virtual delegate participation||✖||✓|
*Program is subject to change
The 2021APCS Special Edition will be held live and in person in Brisbane and is covered by our delivery guarantee.
International delegates will have the choice of attending the summit either in person as a physical delegate or digitally as a virtual delegate. Virtual delegates will have full access to keynote and concurrent sessions and will be able to participate in networking and the exhibition.
Who will attend the 2021APCS Special Edition?
The 2021APCS Special Edition provides a superior access opportunity and will attract key decision-makers and influencers of urbanisation and economic recovery from across the region, including:
- mayors and deputy mayors
- chief executive officers and senior managers
- chief procurement officers of local government
- key business and industry leaders and representatives
- senior policy makers and municipal directors, including specialists in transport, planning, environment, infrastructure, energy, water and economic development
- heads of industry and senior technical directors with a strategic interest in city management
- research leaders relating to urbanisation and managing cities
- emerging leaders from industry and the public sector.
The APCS Secretariat will carefully monitor the travel restrictions to determine if any changes occur that might affect our attendees joining the 2021APCS Special Edition.