The 12th Asia Pacific Cities Summit (2019APCS) & Mayors' Forum, which was held in Brisbane, Australia, Home of the APCS from 7 - 10 July, has successfully concluded. The 2019APCS welcomed more than 1400 government, business and emerging leaders from 140 cities including 83 Mayors to Brisbane for the Summit. This was the highest number of delegates and cities for onshore Summits to date, further cementing the APCS as one of the leading forums in the Asia Pacific region.
Over four days, delegates made new business connections, engaged in meaningful conversations about the innovation, mobility, liveability and sustainability of cities, and heard from inspiring speakers. The 2019APCS offered an extensive program featuring 196 presenters, including keynote speakers Marc Randolph, Co-founder of Netflix, Andreas Weigend, Former Chief Scientist of Amazon and Peggy Liu, Chairperson of the Joint US China Collaboration on Clean Energy (JUCCCE).
The 2019APCS Mayors' Forum enabled city leaders to discuss urban challenges and opportunities in line with the Summit's sub-themes, while sharing solutions on how positive changes can affect the growth of cities across the Asia Pacific region. These discussions were incorporated into the 2019APCS Mayors' Accord, which was signed by attending Mayors and city leaders on the final date of the Summit.
The 2019APCS also introduced several new initiatives:
- Innovation Alley, a new initiative for the 2019APCS, featured exhibits from 44 start-ups and new businesses showcasing their ventures on a global scale.
- Major Project Announcement Briefings showcased AU $4.2b worth of tender-ready Australian and international projects to attending delegates and businesses.
2019APCS in numbers:
- 1,484 Delegates
- 140 Cities (92 International / 48 Domestic)
- 83 Mayors (42 International /41 Domestic)
- 196 Speakers & Presenters
- 164 Young Professionals
- 86 Exhibitors
- 35 APCS Partners
- 149 Facilitated Business Meetings
- AU $4.2b value of City Projects presented
For detailed information about the 2019APCS program, please view the 2019APCS Program Handbook.
To view 2019APCS photos, please visit the official APCS Flickr album.