In a first for the Asia Pacific Cities Summit (APCS) and Mayors' Forum, city leaders, Chief Procurement Officers and local government representatives will present upcoming major project commercial tenders, procurement activities and partnership opportunities with cities across the Asia Pacific region. Attending delegates will hear first-hand the latest upcoming tender opportunities in local governments in Australia and internationally.
Criteria for presentations:
- The major project announcement must be a tangible commercial opportunity requiring private sector involvement that can be announced publicly.
- The project must be open or coming up for tender by July 2020, within 12 months of the 2019APCS.
- The project could include the following sectors, but are not limited to Infrastructure, Information Technology, Energy, Innovative Smart City Solutions, Training and Services.
- Presenters of accepted submissions must be registered by the early-bird registration close date (31 May 2019).
- Major Project Announcement Briefings will be held on Monday 8 July and Tuesday 9 July at the 2019APCS.
- The briefings will consist of approximately four speakers (Mayor/Chief Procurement Officer/or city representative) from different cities.
- Each presentation, covering the upcoming or current project/s, will be a maximum of 10 minutes (including translation, if required).
- Presenters will need to bring an interpreter for consecutive interpreting if the presentation is not in English.
- 31 May 2019 - Call for submissions close / Speakers must register by this date
- 5 June 2019 - Notification of selected speakers
- 10 June 2019 - APCS final program released.
If you are interested in presenting at the Major Project Announcement Briefing, please email the APCS Secretariat to receive an application form. Call for submissions close on 17 May 2019.