The inaugural Major Project Announcement Briefings at the 2019APCS in Brisbane, Chief Procurement Officers and local government representatives announced AU$4.2b worth of tender ready Australian and international city projects.
Projects announced at the 2019APCS Major Project Announcement Briefings
The following projects were announced at the 2019APCS in Brisbane. For detailed information including the session times and presenters, please view the full program.
1. Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- The Solomon Islands Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Project. USD $82 million project co-financed with World Bank.
- The Luganville Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Project. USD $15 million project taking a performance-based approach.
- Sustainable Energy Access in Eastern Indonesia - Electricity Grid Development Program Phase II USD $2,070 million project.
2. Blacktown City Council
- Blacktown Civic Centre and CBD University - 32,000sqm co-located university and civic centre, value $200+ million. High-rise building accommodating 18,000sqm of university space and 13,500sqm of civic offices and art gallery built in two tranches.
- International Centre of Training Excellence in Blacktown International Sportspark total project cost $100 million - a 6,500sqm high-performance training, recovery and health centre including a multi-purpose hall, gym, change rooms, aquatic recovery facilities, media space, health consulting space and office accommodation.
- Animal Rehoming Centre - a specialised animal rehoming centre for the management and rehoming of animals. Value: $20+ million.
3. Invest Hong Kong
- Three Runway System Project. Invitation for Prequalification - Terminal 2 Expansion Works. The Airport Authority Hong Kong is undertaking to expand the existing two-runaway system at Hong Kong International Airport into a three-runway system (3RS).
- Cross Boundary Shuttle Bus Service. Licence for the Right to Provide Cross Boundary Shuttle Bus Service between Hong Kong International Airport and Boundary Crossing Facilities at Macao via Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge.
- West Kowloon Cultural District Authority is inviting interested parties to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) in tendering for its ACE (Art, Commerce and Exhibitions) Project.
4. Mackay Regional Council
- The Mackay Waterfront PDA masterplan outlines the vision for the public realm and requires an investment of approximately $180 million for infrastructure and Smart City initiatives.
- The Eungella/Finch Hatton Mountain Bike Park will be a 50km network of international standard mountain bike trails in the picturesque Pioneer Valley, an approcimately 1-hour drive from Mackay. The total cost of the project is approximately $9.5 million.
5. SunCentral Pty Ltd (Sunshine Coast)
- Maroochydore city centre project. A rare opportunity for suitably qualified and experienced development and capital groups or consortia to be part of one of the most exciting CBD master-planned developments in Australia. Over 12 hectares of pre-approved developable land with significant commercial, mixed uses and residential land use rights in offered as part of the current EOI.
6. Brisbane City Council
- Brisbane Metro will be a key part of Brisbane's greater transport network connecting the city to the suburbs. The Platform Management Information System (PMIS) is an integral part of Brisbane Metro. The PMIS will manage the allocation of Metro vehicles and buses to specific locations on the platform whilst increasing safety and the efficiency of the platform.
7. Townsville Advanced Manufacturing Hub
- The Townsville Advanced Manufacturing Hub is a 2200-hectare site that will be home to a number of advanced manufacturing projects including the $2 billion 15 GWh Lithium-Ion Battery Plant being developed by the Imperium3 group. Once in full production, the 15Gwh manufacturing facility can produce either 250,000 car batteries per annum (up to 400kims range) or one million home battery units or support 300 microgrids to power small towns. The project will also have tremendous benefits to Townsville with up to 1000 new jobs in the direct support businesses with up to 5000 new jobs in downstream original equipment manufacturing.